Racing for the cure

| 22 Feb 2012 | 08:27

A team from Project Self-Sufficiency joined 10,000 people at the recent Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure at Essex County’s Branch Brook Park, raising more than $1.4 million for breast cancer education and research. Komen for the Cure is aiming for $1.8 million and is continuing to accept donations through May 31. According to Komen, 75 percent of net funds raised this year will provide critical education, screening and treatment services for uninsured and under-insured women. The remaining 25 percent will support research to find a cure.